Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cupcakes Anyone?:)

Sarah Michelle just loves cupcakes...so what better addition to her bakery "CUPCAKES" than felt food cupcakes?



I made all of the pieces of this set separately, instead of sewing them together, so my daughter could arrange them however she wanted when she was playing:)  This photo shows the muffin cup and plain cupcake:)  I love making felt food, but it is VERY TIME CONSUMING!  It takes as much hand sewing as it does machine sewing!  When I was making the last icing for the top of the last cupcake, I realized I HAD NO MORE CHOCOLATE!  So I ended up making the last rose red, which fits better anyway, but now the princess has commanded that there should be 12 cupcakes, and 3 of them should be RED VELVET!

So I guess I am NOT finished with them quite yet!:)  This next cute photo shows the JUMBO ROSE cupcake:)  I used one of the jumbo cherries I made for the "fluffy icing" for this photo:)

Plain cupcakes in their muffin cups:)  I made 3 blue cups, 3 pink cups and 3 pink cups.  I then made 3 strawberry, 3 chocolate and 3 vanilla cupcakes.  Then a great assortment of icings, 1 of each vanilla, chocolate and strawberry for the SWIRL ICING, FLUFFY RUFFLE ICING AND THE JUMBO ROSE ICING.  But I had run out of brown and made the red rose instead:)
I can't decide on which are my favoites!  I love the SWIRL ICING cupcakes because I added tiny pink seed beads to each to look like sprinkles and to add some sparkle:)

The FLUFFY RUFFLE ICING were fun, and a lot faster and easier than I thought they would be:)  Ha ha they look a little like toupee's!

And then the last set I made, the JUMBO ROSE ICING cupcakes:)  I remembered back when Sarah had her birthday party in kindergarten I had purchased cupcakes for the class, and had found one cupcake that had an enormous rose in pink icing on the top-it was gorgeous!  I remember having the hardest time with it because it was top heavy and kept falling over on the way to the school:)

No comments:

Post a Comment